Monday, November 24, 2014

Journal #7: Reflection

I explored a couple different PLNs and affinty groups this quarter.  They were all new to me and I experienced different results with each.  I probably found the Digg RSS reader the most interesting.  Once you have a good number of blogs in your list scrolling through them can be pretty fun.  I've linked to a couple of sample articles I might find on a typical day:

Web Design Ledger
Smashing Magazine
Creative Cow

Although this can end up meandering a bit, it can be very interesting and I think it is valuable.

I also tried delving a bit more into Twitter, Linked-In and joined Acedemia.edu.  I enjoy Twitter but have not found it to be useful for my learning personally.  There are uses for it in learning environments but not for me at this time.  I've tried Linked-In before and found it to be pretty inundated with spam and this time was no different.  This will probably be the last time I try Linked-In.
Academia.edu is really cool site that allows people to post academic papers.  There are ways to search and post to groups by subject.  You can also bookmark papers for later reading.  This is mostly what I have done, but when I have a paper to research for I will have a group of papers to draw from.  You can also follow people like other students and professors.
Creative Cow is an affinity group that I was already familiar with.  I have continued to go to this site during this quarter whenever I have an adobe question.  There are some great boards there to find information.  In general, I'd like to explore more groups to find what works best for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment